Sunday, October 26, 2008

dazzling

When I first heard about Versamark Dazzle, I was intrigued. It sounded like a fun twist on that very versatile watermark ink--the clever folks at Tsukineko added some sparkle to the ink. I wondered if it would really work, though, and if it would show up well.

This is a very quick card that I made using Versamark Dazzle Frost ink. I think you can catch some of the shimmer of the bird images, particularly the ones near the top of the card.


The blue background is DCWV blue cardstock. It's plain with no shimmer to it, just a bit of sheen. I stamped the bird image by Studio G multiple times, reinking each time. I've always liked being able to do tone-on-tone stamping with Versamark for a more subtle look. The dazzle ink now adds a little extra sparkle and shimmer, too! The sentiment is also a dollar stamp from Studio G that was stamped using white craft ink. I tried to tie all of the sparkle together with the metallic silver card and silver and blue ribbon.

I really like the Versamark Dazzle and think it has some fun possibilities. I'll be trying it out using some other techniques soon, I hope. We'll see if life cooperates. :-) Besides the Frost, it also comes in a Champagne color. Haven't tried that one yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. :-) Don't be surprised if your comment doesn't show up right away. Because of the amount of spam being posted these days, I've switched things over to moderated. Legitimate comments will be appreciated, approved, and published in a timely fashion.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin