Thursday, February 07, 2008

Partial Nesties

The partial Cuttling that I talked about below got me thinking about Nestabilities dies and whether those could be used in a similar fashion. Guess what! They can.


Up above is some cardstock that I'd like to put a scalloped edge on. I've pulled out my largest Nestabilities scalloped oval die.


Here I've again placed my layers so that the trailing edge, the one that I want to have remain unchanged, is hanging off the edge. This time I've flipped my layers and have that well-loved cutting plate on the bottom so that I could better position my die.


Once I was satisfied, I covered it with the other clear plate.


With the two clear plates holding everything in place, I simply flipped that "sandwich" and placed it on the Big Shot's multipurpose platform that I had open to the appropriate layer. Again, that trailing bit was just left hanging over the edge.


Here you can see that I now have a nice scalloped edge on this piece of cardstock.


And here is a card that I made using that partially scalloped cardstock as the bottom layer. I think it adds some fun visual interest and is a change from the usual layered scalloped shapes or straight-edged card layers.

1 comment:

  1. WOW! This is another FANTASTIC tutorial. I'll have to try this one also!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. :-) Don't be surprised if your comment doesn't show up right away. Because of the amount of spam being posted these days, I've switched things over to moderated. Legitimate comments will be appreciated, approved, and published in a timely fashion.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin