Saturday, August 02, 2008

Double Cuttle with new folders

I described the double Cuttle quite a while back when the last set of embossing folders was released and I was trying to think of new and fun ways to use them. Here are some new cards using this technique.


For this card I used the new With Gratitude A2 embossing folder for the background, inked the embossing, ran it through again but inside the new Everyday Greetings A2 folder this time, and inked that again. The die cut flowers are from the With Gratitude set. The sentiment is from the Everyday Greetings set.


I did the same thing with this card, but I used the old standby Swiss Dots and then the new Bird Call A2 embossing folders. The sentiment die cut is from the With Gratitude set.


I really like the more understated look of an uninked double Cuttle, too. For this card I used the D'vine Swirls and then the new Birthday Wishes A2 embossing folder. The die cuts are from that same Birthday Wishes cut and emboss set.

All of the inks used were Memento dye inks. All of the die cut sentiments were cut twice in different colors and then layered a bit offset to add dimension and a bit more color and interest--think of it as adding a die cut drop shadow.

It's fun to have new embossing folders and dies to use for these techniques. :-)

4 comments:

  1. Ooo ... my new folders are on their way ... I'll have4 to try it out ... very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These cards are so adorable!! I think my favorite is...um, is...the candle card!! I love how you doubled the sentiment to get a shadow, too - very clever! More cool techniques!! Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  3. love your blog.. I have a regular sizzix and a CB and I really want to use those new movers and shapers to make the window cards. I was afraid to buy the die that the windows sticks to because it it a bigz die. Are you saying the bigz dies fit in the CB, but the plates are the problem? any solutions other than buying the big shot at this point? I love those movers and shapers ideas. Thank You. Amy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Amy. The Bigz dies fit in the Cuttlebug without any problem. They're 5 1/2" by 6", so they'll actually fit in either direction. You can use your regular B plates with those.

    It's the plates for the Sizzix XL dies that are the problem--at just over 6" wide, they won't fit through the opening of the C'bug. This means that you have to make two passes to cut the full length of the XL die if you use the short B plates instead. The main problem is that the edge of the plate tends to make an unsightly crease where it ends.

    In my Addendum post of this morning, I show how you can place a folded card on the card die and cut it out with one pass through the C'bug, eliminating the crease problem. You could then open up the card, line it up inside the blades and just put the side with the window through the machine to cut out your shapes.

    You might also want to take a look at my post from back when I first started trying these dies in the C'bug. You can use the movers & shapers without using the card die at all, and that's another option that you might want to consider. You can find that post in my sidebar under the Tutorials & Info for the Big Shot and Cuttlebug menu--look for Movers & Shapers with Cuttlebug.

    Hope that helps. Glad you're enjoying the blog. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. :-) Don't be surprised if your comment doesn't show up right away. Because of the amount of spam being posted these days, I've switched things over to moderated. Legitimate comments will be appreciated, approved, and published in a timely fashion.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin