Monday, February 11, 2008

Double Cuttle

Yes, I'm still playing around with these Cuttlebug embossing folders. They're just so much fun! I tried something a little different today though. I've always liked the look of embossed patterned paper, so what about taking this notion a little further. I embossed cardstock with two different folders, or what I've been calling "double cuttle" in my head. Yep, I embossed my embossed cardstock.


This first card was embossed first with Allegro then with Birds and Swirls. I used my chalk ink cats eyes to accent the embossing. The sentiment is by Hero Arts.


For this card I embossed with the Distressed Stripes then the Birds and Swirls, again inking in different colors to give the embossing more "pop". Bird stamp by Hero Arts.


And just to prove that I could use a folder other than Birds and Swirls ;-), I did this card using the Perfectly Paisley and Diamonds in the Rough embossing folders. The stamps used here were Studio G clear stamps.

A couple of tips from my experiments of the morning: emboss with the busier design first, and don't be afraid to have the embossing from each folder overlap--it can add an interesting textural effect to the original embossing. I just thought this was another fun way to use these folders.

4 comments:

  1. Those are fabulous. Let the folks at GW board know what you've tried. They'd love it. Now I have another reason for buying more bug embossing folder:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this is a fabulous idea. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, these cards are amazing. I would never have thought of doing that in a million years.

    Something to add to my 'must try' list. Thank's for the inspiration.

    Sue
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. How do you ink both impressions with different ink? I'm new to this & inquiring minds want to know...any tutorials on this technique?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. :-) Don't be surprised if your comment doesn't show up right away. Because of the amount of spam being posted these days, I've switched things over to moderated. Legitimate comments will be appreciated, approved, and published in a timely fashion.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin