Tuesday, July 29, 2008

more Cuttlebug border fun


I made this first card using the
Sizzix XL scallop card die. I embossed the top layer with one of my new Cuttlebug Just My Type embossing borders and cut out the windows using a Sizzix movers and shapers die. The stamped images and sentiment are all by Inkadinkado and stamped using Memento dye ink. I colored the images with Prismacolor pencils blended with the Goo Gone Mess-free pen. The embellishments are Prima leaves. The "berries" are faux dew drops from Michael's.

I like having fun with transparencies. I used a heavy weight transparency as my card base. The green layer was embossed with another one of the new Cuttlebug Just My Type embossing borders. The corner punch was Tonic. The toad and sentiment die cuts are both by Cuttlebug. The toad is attached by a pop dot to lend more dimension. The corner embellishments are
Robin's Nest dew drops.

1 comment:

  1. Jay, these cards are adorable!! I particularly love the scallop card and was wondering...did you use the Sizzix XL scallop die in your Cuttlebug? I've been told it is 6" wide which will fit in my Cuttlebug but I did a measurement of the clear XL Cutting Pad in the store and it appears that it is wider than 6". Can I do it with the Cuttlebug Cutting Pads??? I'd really like to get the Sizzix XL Scallop die but I don't want to have to buy another machine to be able to use it:)

    This is a great site to come and visit, learn and admire! Does Provo Craft know what a gem you are?!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. :-) Don't be surprised if your comment doesn't show up right away. Because of the amount of spam being posted these days, I've switched things over to moderated. Legitimate comments will be appreciated, approved, and published in a timely fashion.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin