Sunday, July 27, 2008

embossed borders


This is another new Cuttlebug release that I received this week. These are the With Love embossed borders. I used four of the five borders that came with this set in making this card. I ran the single row of dots through twice to make two rows of dots on the left edge of the card. I ran the patterned paper by Inque Boutique through the flower folder three times. I was going to keep it simple and do a single embossed image, but I accidentally debossed, so I ran it through twice more, embossing those times.

NOTE TO SELF: Break that habit of always thinking that the side printed with the "Cuttlebug" logo is the front of the folder! It isn't! It's on the back of these new dies!

The flourish and "with love" sentiment is another border. The flowers and flourishes on the right side is the fourth border of this set that I used. I accented the embossing with Memento dye inks. The pointy end of the dew drop pad can be very handy for adding these accent colors.

It's such fun to have new Cuttlebug products to play with!

4 comments:

  1. Lovely! I can't wait to get my order now!!
    Deanne
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice indeed. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Coolies ! Jay ! thanks for showing these folders at work ! lovely !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, you all know that I just had to play with these once I got my hands on them! The only that stopped me was the fact that they arrived while we were away visiting family! LOL!

    Thanks for the lovely comments. Appreciate them. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. :-) Don't be surprised if your comment doesn't show up right away. Because of the amount of spam being posted these days, I've switched things over to moderated. Legitimate comments will be appreciated, approved, and published in a timely fashion.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin