Wednesday, July 30, 2008

creative Cuttling with new folders


This is a quick and easy card that I made using one of the newly released Cuttlebug A2 embossing folders. This one is Floral Screen. I left the center of the card front unembossed by doing a little creative Cuttling using a die cut wood frame. The stamped image and sentiment are both by Hero Arts and stamped using Memento dye ink. I colored the image using Prismacolor pencils and blended using my Goo Gone Mess-free pen.

One thing that I wanted to point out--I know I've read at a number of forums that there's a certain amount of frustration over the fact that these A2 embossing folders don't cover the entire front of the card and that this more or less forces people to use layers. I felt the same way at first, but as I've started doing more and more embossing of the card fronts themselves, I've found that I actually do like that they have a "built-in" border. Maybe you can appreciate that I didn't have to do anything to make the edges of this card look more finished. That's what I'm talking about. :-)

4 comments:

  1. Hi, I really like your cuttling inspirations and your blog! I visit really often, but so far I never thought about commenting. What a shame! So, now I've done it and you know that you have a keen visitor from Germany!
    Greetings, Ute

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm very glad that you decided to comment. Thanks, Ute! It's great fun to see what a small world this can be. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous, as always, you're an inspiration. Thanks for taking the time to share.

    xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am enjoying your blog posts! Great info! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. :-) Don't be surprised if your comment doesn't show up right away. Because of the amount of spam being posted these days, I've switched things over to moderated. Legitimate comments will be appreciated, approved, and published in a timely fashion.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin