Monday, June 16, 2008

Two cards from before the hiatus

I made these two cards a couple of weeks ago, but didn't find the time to photograph them and upload them until today.


This one was made using the Sizzix XL scalloped card die in my Big Shot. The main flower image and the sentiment are both by Cornish Heritage Farms. The background flower images are by Tim Holtz. I used Core'dinations cardstock cut with a Nestabilities scalloped rectangle die and embossed with the Cuttlebug A2 script embossing folder for the main image layer. I also used the Martha Stewart Lace Doily border punch to embellish.

This next card was a lot of fun to make. I'd found a huge package of chipboard on clearance at Joann's not too long ago. I'd never really used chipboard much. I like the look, but I'm not patient enough to paint it and let it dry, and I'm not enthralled by the notion of covering it with patterned paper and having to do all of that cutting and gluing. Well, the layer with my Inque Boutique sentiment is chipboard and so is the star. They were regular old chipboard color, but I inked them up with Adirondack pigment inks and they looked great! Love the way that pigment ink covers! The colors are so vibrant, too. I embellished the stamping with some accents using my Inkssentials opaque white pen and a black Pigma micron pen, and voila! It was an easy card with some fun added dimension. Can't wait to do more. :-)

2 comments:

  1. Good to see you are back! Your cards are just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. O goodie ! back to regular programming hopefully ! lol Love how you used the Cuttlebug script embossing at an angle !

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. :-) Don't be surprised if your comment doesn't show up right away. Because of the amount of spam being posted these days, I've switched things over to moderated. Legitimate comments will be appreciated, approved, and published in a timely fashion.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin