Tuesday, June 17, 2008

A couple of quick cards

I just love stamping with the Inkadinkado clear Mini Sets. They're such fun!


This first card was stamped using one of the Inkadinkado sets and Memento dye ink and then colored with Prismacolor markers. These inks are great with markers--no smudging or bleeding, and I didn't heat set them. Love that! I embellished with Primas and Robin's Nest Dew Drops.


For this card I used the scraps from some cardstock that I'd cut using the Sizzix XL scalloped card die. The scraps make great waves, especially when layered. Again, the sentiments and images were stamped using Memento dye inks. I'm particularly fond of the London Fog, which I use when I plan on doing some coloring. It's just a bit more subtle than stamping an outline in black ink. This time I colored with my Copic Spica glitter pens. I then went back over that and simulated some fish scales with my Sakura Stardust pen which added most of the sparkle that you can see on the fish in the photo. I'd accented the smaller bubbles with my clear Sakura Glaze pen, and added dew drops on the others. The four toward the bottom of the card are all faux dew drops--the ones from Michael's. The one near the fish is a clear Robin's Nest Dew Drop. It's just a bit smaller and doesn't have as high as profile as the others.

Ahhh, it feels good to be stamping again, even if I'm multitasking and doing laundry, too. :-)

1 comment:

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. :-) Don't be surprised if your comment doesn't show up right away. Because of the amount of spam being posted these days, I've switched things over to moderated. Legitimate comments will be appreciated, approved, and published in a timely fashion.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin