Saturday, April 19, 2008

Spotlight Cuttling

Okay, so maybe technically this should just be included with creative Cuttling, but I thought it was kind of neat and deserved a "spot" of its own. I can think of a number of ways to use this. Here's one example:


The stamp images are by Rhonna Farrer/Autumn Leaves and stamped with chalk inks that I colored and accented using Copic Spica glitter pens. The flowers are Brides flowers with Liquid Pearl centers.

Now for the spotlight part of this--I used the Cuttlebug A2 Swiss Dots folder in my Big Shot to make the three embossed "spotlights" in the border. I used the technique that I described in my creative Cuttling in detail post--take a peek there for photos and step-by-step instructions that you can adapt to your machine. For this look in particular I used some of those Bazzill Basics chipboard 1" circles that were popular a couple of years or so ago. I stacked them in pairs, which made them conveniently the same thickness as one of the two clear plates that I use to make my embossing sandwich for these folders. This meant that I simply eliminated the bottom plate, put my folder (with the cardfront inside and the rest of the card tucked behind it) directly on my platform. I put the chipboard circles on top of the folder where I wanted the dots to be embossed, covered that with my clear plate and ran it through my Big Shot. That was it! I accented with score lines using my Scor-It.

Now you could use just one pair and run it through several times, placing the chipboard circle pair wherever you want the embossing each time. Alternatively you could use several pairs and put them all on the folder at the same time, cover them with your clear plate, and emboss them all at once. I did glue my circle pairs together, by the way. I didn't want them slipping off each other as they went through the machine. I also did this using some of the Bazzill Basic chipboard squares. I'll post that card when I've finished it. I was having a tough time calling squares spotlights anyway. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. :-) Don't be surprised if your comment doesn't show up right away. Because of the amount of spam being posted these days, I've switched things over to moderated. Legitimate comments will be appreciated, approved, and published in a timely fashion.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin