Thursday, February 28, 2008

Cool Kitty and Coffee

I was experimenting with my Swiss Dots Cuttlebug embossing folder today. The background on this card was made by running the cardstock through, inking it, running it through again, inking it in a different color, and then running it through a final time, and inking it in one more color. The reason why the multicolor effect worked was because I moved the cardstock inside the folder slightly so that the existing dots were flattened as the new dots were made. So anyway, there's a texture effect to the background that may not have come across well in the photo.


This is an acrylic card. The images are by See D's. The embellishments are Bling Dots.

I made this next card mainly so that I could play a bit more with decorative scoring with my Scor-It.


The stamped images are by My Favorite Things and were colored with markers. Interestingly, there is a bit of a metallic sheen to that layer but the marker ink did not puddle and actually soaked in a bit. The embossed lines were all made using my Scor-It.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. :-) Don't be surprised if your comment doesn't show up right away. Because of the amount of spam being posted these days, I've switched things over to moderated. Legitimate comments will be appreciated, approved, and published in a timely fashion.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin