Saturday, July 22, 2006

Saturday afternoon musings

Most of the day is gone and I haven't crafted yet. This morning I watched part of the Tour, enough to see that Floyd did claim the yellow jersey and should go on to win tomorrow in Paris. Very cool.

But to talk about stamping, my latest obsession has been with making ATCs, Artist Trading Cards, for anyone not familiar with the abbreviation. There's something about the small scale canvas that appeals to me. I'd been a dedicated card maker until a few months ago. I didn't really understand the appeal of ATCs at all. Then I made one for a Time to Stamp swap, and I was hooked! I've joined all sorts of ATC swaps since. Scottish Borders Stamping has monthly themes. Joyce even chose one of my ATCs to grace the Yahoo group homepage a couple of months ago. That was fun! Here is that ATC.


Some of the detail was lost in translation. This was made using only SBS stamps. The background was done using the polished stone technique and Ranger alcohol inks, with the image later stamped in black dye ink. I like the look of the glassine envelope. It mutes the thistle image just a bit without obscuring it completely. I've made scads of ATCs since putting this one together, but it's still one of my favorites. To read more about ATCs, the Art in Your Pocket site is a great place to start. It has lots of information and plenty of links to other sites, too. There's such a wide range of possibilities when it comes to creating ATCs. Then there's the fun of trading them and seeing what others are doing, too. I've been trading since April and I've already expanded to a second binder to hold my collection. It really is great fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. :-) Don't be surprised if your comment doesn't show up right away. Because of the amount of spam being posted these days, I've switched things over to moderated. Legitimate comments will be appreciated, approved, and published in a timely fashion.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin