Sunday, June 28, 2009

more fun with the Scor-It ruler

In my recent post describing the Scor-It ruler, I tried my hand at a pattern of scores that I'd seen on the Scor-It site called Starbursts. I'd modified it a bit by making my scores a little farther apart. This time I took that same idea and modified it a little more. I made my initial scores 1/2" apart in the starburst pattern, then I turned my card stock over and repeated the scores 1/2" apart, but made them halfway between each of the original scores. Follow that? So basically I ended up with mountain and valley scores that were 1/4" apart and which look kinda neat when they're in a starburst pattern.


This is what I mean. There are scored lines every 1/4", but they alternate being debossed vs embossed. I know that wasn't a great photo, but it still showed the effect of the alternating scores rather nicely.


Here it is on a quickie card. The stamped image is by Hero Arts. The sentiment is by PSX. The die cuts were made using a Sizzlit embosslit die. All inks are Memento dye inks.

I'm having a lot of fun playing with this new Scor-It ruler. :-)

3 comments:

  1. Thanks a great idea I bet we could come up with some pretty nifty ones if we put our thinking caps on. Thanks for sharing.
    Jeanine

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful! I really enjoy your blog, thank you for sharing all you ideas. I have passed on an award for you at my blog.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. :-) Don't be surprised if your comment doesn't show up right away. Because of the amount of spam being posted these days, I've switched things over to moderated. Legitimate comments will be appreciated, approved, and published in a timely fashion.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin