Tuesday, March 10, 2009

multi-challenge GW card

Things have been busy here, as you can probably tell by my lack of posting recently. I've squeezed some crafting in here and there, and I have a card to show for it. Some background first though--on the Gingerwood stamping forum, there have been a number of challenges issued. The first was to make a shaped card. I didn't get to it. The next one was to use an old stamp, I think, or some supply that hadn't been used in ages. I didn't get around to that one either. The most recent one is to make a manly card of any sort. Well, okay. I got tired of not participating, so I rolled those three challenges into one card, and here it is....


Here is my circular saw-shaped card. Doesn't get more manly than power tools, eh? LOL! I used the pinking circle, regular circle, and paisley Nestabilities dies to cut the die shapes. The "saw blade" is card stock covered with aluminum foil. The "Thanks" die cut was made using a Cuttlebug die--yes, this was a shortcut. The rest of the words were made using Sizzix Sizzlit alphabet dies--something that I hadn't used in ages!

I made the card so that it could open. I did this by folding my navy card stock before cutting it, and also leaving part of the fold intact inside the cutting edge of the die.


Here I've opened the card partway to show the rest of the blade. I also placed a smaller paisley shape behind the card front. Not traditional placement, but I hated to cover up the blade and I did want to have a place to write. I added the zigzag edge to mimic the blade--this was from a set of clear stamps by Inky Antics that I don't think had ever been inked, but that I've had for years.

So there it is--my three challenge card. :-) Oh, and my apologies for the play on words. ;-)

11 comments:

  1. So cute!!!!!!!!!!!

    No apology needed. :D

    Hugs,

    Judie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous. This card was well worth the wait.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great card and an imaginative, innovative answer to 3 challenges! I'm not at all surprised, but I am continually amazed at your beautiful creations. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well darn if that ain't clever! You really have a knack for seeing "outside the shape". Paisley to make a saw cover. Pure genius!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is so creative love it great job
    Hugs
    Norine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Off to look for my knocked-off socks, but first wanted to say - WOW! You are so dang clever!! This is fantastic! You always think so far beyond the expected and I don't care how often you post, as long as you post the magnificent creations like this one. Hey, I don't always blog-surf regularly, either, so we're even. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How clever! I would have never been able to pair these for a saw! Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute and imaginative! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This would be so great for father's day ... so very clever.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. :-) Don't be surprised if your comment doesn't show up right away. Because of the amount of spam being posted these days, I've switched things over to moderated. Legitimate comments will be appreciated, approved, and published in a timely fashion.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin