Saturday, July 19, 2008

spring cards in summer

Okay, I wasn't referring to spring, the season, but spring, as in that gizmo that would go "boing" if you pressed down on it.

These are a couple of cards that I made using a template that I saw on Splitcoaststampers. They are Spring Cards. I've linked the tutorial for you. I made two of them from one piece of 12 X 12 patterned cardstock. I decided to try for a couple of different looks, just to see if I could do it.

The patterned cardstock is by K & Company and is double-sided. Just a piece of advice, using double-sided paper is fine, just maybe choose something that is not striped on the back when you try this for the first time. It can be tough to see your score lines. There's a reason why I know this. ;-)


The stamped images and sentiment are by Inque Boutique and stamped with Memento dye inks. The toad/frog is a Cuttlebug, more specifically, a Cuttlekids, die cut.


Here you can see how this card neatly folds flat and would be easy to fit in an envelope to mail. It's 5 1/2" by 5 1/2".

This second card was going to be more serious, but still ended up being somewhat light-hearted because of the colors.


The stamp images and sentiment are by My Sentiments Exactly and stamped using Memento dye inks. I embellished with Prima flowers and leaves. The centers are Liquid Pearls.

1 comment:

  1. These are lovely cards Joan. I particularly like the colours on the 2nd one!
    Deanne
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. :-) Don't be surprised if your comment doesn't show up right away. Because of the amount of spam being posted these days, I've switched things over to moderated. Legitimate comments will be appreciated, approved, and published in a timely fashion.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin