This first card is the one that I struggled over. I'd used my Spellbinders dies to emboss a frame and a crane image without cutting them out. That was the technique that I was trying. I'd had the "brilliant" LOL! idea of using Core'dinations cardstock so that I could distress the crane and make it pop. I distressed the edges, too. That had all gone according to plan.
It was at this point that I started flailing. I'd die cut some of the bamboo pieces from the Asian edgeabilities die set. I couldn't get them to work with these images the way I wanted them to. Then the solid colored cardstock layer behind it didn't seem right. Neither did the first patterned paper that I chose after that, or the next. It wasn't until after I flipped the last patterned paper that I realized that I liked the back of it better than the front! Thank goodness for double-sided paper.
The card came together after that. The sentiment is by Cloud 9 and stamped with white craft ink.
This next card, on the other hand, was one of those that came together spontaneously. This was actually scrap cardstock that I'd first used to test what I'd wanted to do with the crane die. I saw patterned paper and coordinating cardstock that worked with that blue image, and after using some Inkadinkado stamps and Memento dye inks, this is what came of that.
So, two cards and two very different ways of getting to my endpoints. Typical. :-)