Wednesday, June 25, 2008

the flocking to flock

Flock has been around for a while, but it seems to be making a comeback. It's fun stuff. When I've used it in the past, it's mainly been for my winter cards, using white for snow. I've expanded into using some other colors now.


For this card I used yellow flock for the duck and colored the rest with markers. I used the art deco
Fiskars corner edger to embellish the layers, as well as Robin's Nest dew drops.


Here's a closer view of the flock. I need to practice a bit, getting that glue into tighter spaces can be tough. At the same time, it's also easy to go outside the lines. Can't win! LOL!


I used both black and white flock on the skunk and colored the rest with markers. I used my Sakura Glaze pen on the raindrops. The Cuttlebug Bloom Dots embossing folder embossed my green strip. Memento dye inks turned my Bride's ivory flowers into bright yellow ones.


And here's a closer view of the front of that card. I love that fuzzy look!

The stamps were all by Clear Dollar Stamps and stamped using Memento Tuxedo Black ink. The yellow flock is from Stampendous. The black and white are from Cornish Heritage Farms.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. :-) Don't be surprised if your comment doesn't show up right away. Because of the amount of spam being posted these days, I've switched things over to moderated. Legitimate comments will be appreciated, approved, and published in a timely fashion.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin