Sunday, May 11, 2008

Summary of Movers & Shapers Info

I thought I'd summarize the info that I've come across regarding these new dies by Sizzix. First off, Sizzix now has these on their site as Coming Soon. You can see pics of some of the new dies there.

Movers & Shapers consist of card kits, which are the bigger dies that require the extra long clear cutting plates, and the add-ons, which are the magnetic movable dies that will cut a window wherever you want to place it on a card front. The latter can all be purchased separately.

Now, the card kit dies will fit through the opening of the Cuttlebug. The main issue with these dies in this machine is that the XL clear cutting plates sold by Sizzix for use with these dies will not. They fit through the Big Shot and Big Kick just fine; they're too wide to fit through the CB. The length of the cutting surface for the horizontal A2 card kit die that I have is 11". I took some photos which can be seen in my Moving and Shaping post of last week if you want to see what I mean. The cutting plates for the CB don't come close to covering that. It's possible that you could put it through twice, but I haven't tried that yet.

The add-ons should work with the Cuttlebug. They work fine without the card kit die in the Big Shot. It just takes a bit of creative shimming since they're thinner than regular Sizzix dies but much thicker than Sizzlits. I described this in my previous post, Fun Stuff! Be prepared to break out some extra clear plates, if you've got them, and not because of breaking but because it takes about that thickness to bring these dies to the proper height to cut.

Card kits due for release include:

Kit #1 Horizontal A2 Card
Kit #2 Vertical Note Card
Kit #3 Horizontal Note Card
Kit #4 Note Card Envelope

Add-ons include:

Window Panes, Four
Window Panes, Three
Window, Wavy
Window, Peek-a-Boo
Heart
Flower
Photo Corners, Ornate
Photo Corners, Rounded

I think that covers everything that I've come across for now.

Edited to add: I did some experimenting with these dies and the Cuttlebug. That post can be seen HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. :-) Don't be surprised if your comment doesn't show up right away. Because of the amount of spam being posted these days, I've switched things over to moderated. Legitimate comments will be appreciated, approved, and published in a timely fashion.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin