Sunday, May 18, 2008

Adirondack pigment inks

I have to say that when I read about these and saw the videos featuring these new inks I knew that I'd have to give them a try. Took a while to get my hands on some, but I finally did. Then of course things got busy and I had to put them on the back burner. ARGH!

Today I got to use them. Woo hoo!


The bird is a Sizzix die cut that was made out of a coaster similar to the one that forms the background for the bird. Gotta like that Target dollar spot for stuff like this. Anyway, the bird isn't really supposed to have the funky head feathers, but I'd caught part of a flower while putting that die through, so I thought I'd put it to use. I applied the new Adirondack pigment inks to my die cuts. The Denim covered quite nicely. The Sunset Orange left some of the underlying design showing through, but that was fine with me. I then stamped designs on the bird with a My Favorite Things stamp, first with Sunset Orange then Sunshine Yellow. I accented some of the dots and curls with my Inkssentials opaque white pen. The sentiment is also by My Favorite Things and stamped in Denim. I used the Martha Stewart Doily Lace edge punch to embellish the layers.

I love the vivid colors and the opacity of these inks. They go one easily and smoothly. They dry quickly with a blast from the heat gun if you're the impatient sort. I'm going to like using these! The only problem that I encountered was removing that inner plastic cover from a couple of these ink pads. I think they were caught in the gluing process and it was a bit of a mess to get them off the pad. I mangled one of them quite nicely in the process, too. Other than that, hm, and because of that ;-), I'd have to give them an inky thumbs up!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. :-) Don't be surprised if your comment doesn't show up right away. Because of the amount of spam being posted these days, I've switched things over to moderated. Legitimate comments will be appreciated, approved, and published in a timely fashion.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin