Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Invasion of the Inchies

It seems that stamping has another craze and it's called inchies. Using the most loose definition, inchies are 1" x 1" pieces of art, sometimes 1 1/2" x 1 1/2". This would be like the definition of ATCs; solely according to size. I've also seen slightly more criteria added, however--that the inchie should include a background, a main element, and some text.

I decided to give this a try. I have plenty of scraps that fit the bill. Finding stamps and other elements for that size 'canvas' was tougher. I found some Hero Arts stamps that worked quite nicely.


All of the stamps were Hero Arts, stamped with Marvy Blending Blox inks and Archival black ink.

It was a challenge to work this small. I kept a theme for this group of inchies. I can't see collecting them, but I can see using them on cardfronts or on other projects. Fun way to use up those inevitable scraps!

4 comments:

  1. Welcome to the world of wee tiny. Nice squares. Don't you love the challenge. I keep looking at magazines and catalogues for print and images that would work. Saved some miniature Hershey bar wrappers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are very pretty and inspiring!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. :-) Don't be surprised if your comment doesn't show up right away. Because of the amount of spam being posted these days, I've switched things over to moderated. Legitimate comments will be appreciated, approved, and published in a timely fashion.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin