Monday, November 20, 2006

More ARCs, some seasonal

Last week, or a couple of weeks ago, I finished off the last of a series of altered rolodex card swaps. I had a week of actually being completely up to date! Of course, a few days later I signed up to do a couple of ATC swaps that I just couldn't resist, so I'll be back at it again soon. :-)

shades of blue

I think the name of the swap makes this one self-explanatory. The stamps are by Wordsworth (sentiment) and Paper Angel (image of children).

words of wisdom

This is another that I don't think needs much explanation. The die cut is by Sizzix. The flower and leaf are Primas. The sentiment is by Paula Best and the flower image is by Hampton Arts.

snowflake rolodex

For this rolodex I used a wavy square Sizzix die cut and patterned paper. The acrylic snowflake is by Heidi Swapp with a snowflake button layered on top of it. The sentiment is by Penny Black and stamped using SU white craft ink.

soda can tab challenge

Again, not a tough theme to figure out, given the title. The challenge was to use a soda can tab in some way on an altered rolodex card. They've always looked like buckles to me, so I used it as the buckle on a Santa suit and threaded a strip of black cardstock through it. Black Stickles were used to make buttons. The stocking was a premade die cut. The fa la la sentiment is by Rubber Soul.

These altered rolodex cards are a lot of fun. I use a Bosskut die to make the base so that I can use all sorts of cardstock. I keep my ARCs in a rotary card file and it's neat to see all of the images, colors, and embellishments as each card flips by. It can also be a wonderful resource of ideas for those times when the muse has gone wandering.

3 comments:

  1. what a great way to use a soda can tab- love Santa's coat!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, Jay! These are marvelous! I LOVE that blue ribbon on the first one, and I agree, using the soda can tab for the buckle on Santa's coat is ingenious! What lucky recipients. :)

    Thanks for the info about switching over to Blogger Beta as well (I saw your post over at Two Peas). I'm still giving it thought! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. :-) Don't be surprised if your comment doesn't show up right away. Because of the amount of spam being posted these days, I've switched things over to moderated. Legitimate comments will be appreciated, approved, and published in a timely fashion.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin