Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Happy Thanksgiving!

This is always a special time of year, a time set aside to remember to give thanks for all that we have. I know that for me the recent weeks, even months, have been busy. It's easy to lose sight of what's important in the course of all of the running around and the immediacy of doing this or that. It's time to rectify that. :-)

I'm thankful first and foremost for my family and for the good health of all. I have a new nephew who turned 8 months old earlier this week, and it's great fun to experience the baby thing again, but vicariously! LOL! My two DDs and I have been having a super time shopping for baby boy clothes so that we can spoil him rotten (I think that's in the rule book when you're an aunt, eh?), but we all have to say that girl clothes are a lot more cute and fun to ooh and ahh over!


I'm thankful also for my friends. I've made so many internet friends over the course of the last several years. Not so long ago, I would never have believed that I could come to feel so strongly about people whom I had never met. The internet has changed all of that. The reading sites and crafting sites that I visit many times daily have made the world a lot smaller, and it's amazing how much more importance world events have taken on now that I may know someone who may be directly affected by those events.


I'm thankful that this year has brought some change for the better for my DH and DDs. We've experienced a career change and have seen both girls excel at academics and in their extracurricular activities as well. It's just neat to see each of them become her own person, comfortable in her skin. They've also been participating in service projects which have allowed them to look beyond their own social and family circles.


On that note, I'll attach a pic of something seasonally appropriate that the girls made the other day. I had nothing to do with this idea, other than having crafting supplies readily available. These were made from scraps of construction paper, leftover plastic Easter eggs, and a black permanent marker. I thought that they turned out cute and were rather clever for a quick little project.


gaggle of turkeys

What I loved about these turkeys is that when I looked closely, each one had its own personality.

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. :-) Don't be surprised if your comment doesn't show up right away. Because of the amount of spam being posted these days, I've switched things over to moderated. Legitimate comments will be appreciated, approved, and published in a timely fashion.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin