Wednesday, August 02, 2006

On a Roll....

Ah, it's August and it feels every bit like summer here in St Louis, hot and humid! The great news is that my craft area is in the basement where it's cool and dry. I love it! I also love that I've been able to work on some of my swaps these last couple of days.

The first one that I worked on was an ATC swap with a sunflower theme. That was right up my alley. I have lots of sunflower stamps. They're probably second in number only to my dragonfly stamps. I used a Posh sunflower stamp and my Marvy markers for this one--direct to rubber, spritzed with water and stamped. The sentiment was stamped on vellum, and I have to say that I like these Glue Dots vellum adhesive sheets. The glue dots are so tiny that you really can't see them! I'm impressed. I also fell back on an old technique. I'd distressed the edges, but the card still looked too plain in the upper left corner. I couldn't think of what to put there, when it occurred to me to add to the distressed look . I pulled out one of my splatter stamps and stamped in the upper and lower corners. It felt more complete to me after that.

Sunflower Day

The second ATC that I did was for a floral/garden swap, which had to include a quote. I love gardening, so coming up with a quote wasn't too hard. Finding one that would fit nicely on an ATC was a little trickier, but it worked out fine. The sentiment was from Designs Ink'd and the thistle from Just For Fun.

Earth Laughs

Altered rolodex cards are new to me. I'd only done one before, so when the opportunity to do more of them came up, I signed up. The theme for this was rainy day quotes. The dancers were done with a Judikins stamp in Versamark. The umbrella is Designs Ink'd in Versafine inks. The sentiment is by Time to Stamp. This was also my first try at faux stitching. I used a paper piercer and my black/gray Souffle pen to try to give it a more 3D effect.

Rainy Day

I have a bit more to say about how I assembled my rolodex, but I'll save that for the next installment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. :-) Don't be surprised if your comment doesn't show up right away. Because of the amount of spam being posted these days, I've switched things over to moderated. Legitimate comments will be appreciated, approved, and published in a timely fashion.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin