Monday, August 10, 2009

some Scor-It decorative scoring samples

Life is getting in the way of crafting today, but I did find some time to cut some A2 size pieces of card stock and play a bit with some decorative scoring using my Scor-It and the Scor-It ruler. I mentioned in a comment to a recent post that I felt like I'd only barely started scratching the surface as far as coming up with fun decorative scores. I was trying to see if I could get some good scuff marks in. ;-)

Here's what I came up with....


The upper left is the diamond/grid pattern that I've described before. This time I used different intervals to get a slightly different look. At the center is some scoring that I thought resembled a plaid pattern. The upper right almost looks like weaving. The bottom left is the beams of light pattern--maybe I should have called it spotlight instead?--but with two sources of light coming from each of the upper corners. The bottom right is what you get when you use that same technique starting at each corner but not extending all the way across the card stock.


This is just a slightly angled view so that the light would catch the scores a little differently and make the pattern show up a bit more clearly in some cases.

Now I'm off to continue taping and painting a bedroom, then drive my girls to dance... and at some point perhaps make one or more of the above samples into actual cards! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. :-) Don't be surprised if your comment doesn't show up right away. Because of the amount of spam being posted these days, I've switched things over to moderated. Legitimate comments will be appreciated, approved, and published in a timely fashion.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin