Wednesday, August 19, 2009

flip card template

In my previous post, I made a flip card and I've been asked by a couple of folks to elaborate a bit on how I made it. Here's a version of the template that I went by. When folded, it is an A2 size card.

Start with a 6 3/4" by 5 1/2" piece of card stock as I've illustrated above. The solid lines are cut edges. The dotted lines are the folds. Essentially, there's a 1 1/4" border most of the way around a smaller 4" by 3" panel which is the part that flips when you open the card. The left fold is a mountain fold at 2 3/4" from the left edge and the one on the right is a valley fold 4" from the left edge--sorry, I meant to mark that on the template but forgot. I found it easiest to make the cuts using a ruler and a craft knife. I decorated both sides of the inside panel using the Thanks edge punch when I made the card in the previous post.

Sorry to be a little slow getting this posted. We've been in back-to-school mode here and are getting used to the change of pace.

2 comments:

  1. טוב תודה לך נושא יותר נפלא

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Jay. I experimented a bit today and wasted some cardstock. I'll try it your way.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. :-) Don't be surprised if your comment doesn't show up right away. Because of the amount of spam being posted these days, I've switched things over to moderated. Legitimate comments will be appreciated, approved, and published in a timely fashion.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin