Thursday, July 30, 2009

extremely fast and easy card

I was playing with a couple of things that I'd ordered from Stampin' Up! I ended up making a card that I liked and it was so incredibly fast and easy to make that I thought I'd share it here.

Here's the card....


The embossing on the card front was made using the Elegant Bouquet A2 textured impressions folder by Sizzix/SU! That is the design of the folder--no partial or selective embossing on my part. The embossed sentiment was made using the Hi embosslit by Sizzix/SU! Since I went with white on white, it looks like the sentiment was embossed directly on the card front. It wasn't. The oval shape is a separate piece of embossed card stock that was adhered to the front. I thought it was a fun look.

So, with two passes through my Big Shot and a bit of adhesive, I ended up with a card that looks like it took a lot more time and trouble to make than it actually did. Now I'll have to see if I can do something similar with other embosslits and embossing folders. :-)

5 comments:

  1. Very pretty - I do love the clean and simple look.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I luv this card, it's so elegant & yet so simple!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the white on white and that emboss fld going to get that one for sure
    very pretty
    Hugs
    Norine

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've alwaays been drawn to embossed cards and stationery. This is very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautful card, as usual :o)

    the white on white is a very classy look

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. :-) Don't be surprised if your comment doesn't show up right away. Because of the amount of spam being posted these days, I've switched things over to moderated. Legitimate comments will be appreciated, approved, and published in a timely fashion.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin