Thursday, April 16, 2009

Sizzix Bigz XL pop up die

I've had the Sizzix Bigz XL Pop Up die for a while. I hadn't had a chance until today to pull it out and use it. It was not difficult at all to use or to assemble. I snapped some photos while I was making the following card, but I've run out of time this afternoon to post the step-wise version. I'll save that for next time. I wanted to go ahead and post the card that I made though.


That's how it looks when it's closed. For reference, this is not my usual A2 size card. I made this one bigger, 5" x 6 1/2". The stamps are all by Stampers Anonymous and stamped using Memento inks.


And here is the card opened up. The die cuts are the new Spellbinders Blossom Nestabilities dies. The leafy embellishments are by Sizzix/Stampin' Up--the Little Leaves Sizzlit die.

The details will follow at a later date. :-)

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jay,
    Sometime ago, perhaps early Jan. you posted a card made with one of the new sizzix folders.
    It had flowers going across the front with a blank spot for a greeting etc. I think you said you got for Xmas. I was wondering if you have a name or number for that emb folder set. It seems rather elusive. It is not on the Sizzix site, and ACMoore has them now, but not that one.
    Thanks!
    Sandi
    http://capecodcards.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking back through my January posts, I think that the folder that you're referring to is the Flowers folder from the Dots and Flowers set--two large folders in this set, one with dots like the Cuttlebug Swiss Dot folder and the other covered with the small flowers, which is the one that I'd used in one of my posts. According to Scrapbook.com, the SKU for this set is: sz-655838 and the UPC: 841182044174. They have this set pictured over there so you might want to take a peek and see if that's the one that you're looking for. I agree that some of these sets are very hard to find.

    Hope that helps, and happy hunting!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. :-) Don't be surprised if your comment doesn't show up right away. Because of the amount of spam being posted these days, I've switched things over to moderated. Legitimate comments will be appreciated, approved, and published in a timely fashion.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin