Monday, February 02, 2009

scalloped heart card and Cuttled nugget purse details

I wanted to add some visuals to the descriptions that I gave the other day for the scalloped heart card and the Cuttled Hershey Nugget purse. I'd received some questions about those, and I think that photos can be very helpful.


Those are my pieces of card stock and their dimensions.

I'll start off with the scalloped heart card.


Score as I indicated above. The dimensions are for the largest scalloped heart Nestabilities die. If you use a smaller one, make the inside panel about 1/4" narrower than the heart at its widest point, measuring from the cutting edges, and adjust the two outside panels accordingly so that they'll meet in the center.


Fold the outside panels in toward the center.


This is the largest of the scalloped heart dies. It's about 4 3/4" wide.


I usually put the dies through my machine cutting side up, but I wanted to show how I position it over the opening.

 
Here I've flipped the card and die so that you can see that the folds are inside the cutting edges at a couple of points on each side. This is what will make the "hinges". It's a fine line between having them be sturdy and having your heart look misshapen, so I thought this was a good compromise. That's also why I added other heart layers on the card front. They distract the eye from those folds.


Now I've run it through my Big Shot on the multipurpose platform Tab 2, between the two clear cutting plates.


And there you have the base of the card that can be stamped on or embellished as desired.

So now on to the nugget purse.


Make the score lines.


Fold along all of the scores.


The free panel is the purse flap. That's what I embellished using the edge punch. The nugget rests inside the triangle, and the holes that I made for the ribbon handle were punched through the fold at the top.


Love the Scor-It for making these projects easy!

1 comment:

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. :-) Don't be surprised if your comment doesn't show up right away. Because of the amount of spam being posted these days, I've switched things over to moderated. Legitimate comments will be appreciated, approved, and published in a timely fashion.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin