Tuesday, January 27, 2009

my Cuttle quilted card

This is a technique that I've wanted to try since I first heard it described by Sarosa and saw some of the cards that she made using this technique. She called it Cuttlequilting, which is a great name for it. Essentially, you can use your craft table scraps to assemble a quilt-like patterned card layer for your card, then you run it through your die machine inside a Cuttlebug A2 size folder to give it the "quilted" look.

Since I've never quilted in real life :-), I went with a very easy pattern--I cut out a dozen 1 1/4" squares for my "quilt" and assembled them in rows. I then ran that through inside the paisley folder. I could have left it as is. The quilting was subtle. But I decided to go for it and I accented the embossing with some ink.


The tag was made using a Cuttlebug die. The stamped images are by Hero Arts and stamped using Memento dye inks. I used waxy flax (remember this stuff?) to embellish the tag.

I can see incorporating different quilting patterns into designing cards like this. There are some other fairly simple ones that could easily be adapted to cardmaking. To see Sarosa's many examples, click on: card quilts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. :-) Don't be surprised if your comment doesn't show up right away. Because of the amount of spam being posted these days, I've switched things over to moderated. Legitimate comments will be appreciated, approved, and published in a timely fashion.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin