Saturday, December 13, 2008

Two awards from Down Under

It's the busy time of year around here as you might be able to tell from the lack of any new posts with my latest creations. We've been to Christmas parties and Christmas shows. I've been trying to finish my shopping and my brainstorming. I have managed to squeeze a little bit of cardmaking, but I actually sent them all off before snapping pics. Yeah, I was in a rush and a little too focused and determined to cross that off my list.

I've also received two more blog awards, and I wanted to acknowledge them before too much more time passes. This week promises to be even busier as we get closer to the holidays.

Here is the first one....


This was given to me by Wendy. Thanks so much! The rules for this award are as follows:

"These blogs invest and believe in PROXIMITY - nearness in space, time and relationships! These blogs are exceedingly charming. These kind bloggers aim to find and be friends. They are not interested in prizes or self-aggrandizement. Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated. Please give more attention to these writers! Deliver this award to eight bloggers, who must choose eight more and include this cleverly-written text into the body of their award."

I love the spirit behind this one. The internet certainly makes the world feel much smaller and others feel much closer. It never ceases to amaze me that meaningful relationships and friendships can take place over such vast distances of time and space.

This is the second one....


This was bestowed by MrsDB. Thank you! And here are the rules for this award....

The rules are you must post the award on your blog, name your bestower, then bestow the award upon 6 other bloggers and leave a message on their blog that they've received the award.

As with the first award, I really like the notion of an award being given for spreading love as well as spreading friendship. It's really neat, particularly this time of year. :-)

Now because of time constraints, I'm going to bend the rules a bit. When I first started this blog, I had a blog roll that grew by leaps and bounds. I thought it got a bit out of control after a while, so when I updated the look of my blog, I left it out. Now that Blogger has a nifty gadget for listing favorite blogs, I've decided to add this back. It's really simple to do if you use Google Reader. You can easily import the information that you want to include with just a few clicks. It's great! So simple. Give it a try!

So, I'd like to invite you to take a look over at the sidebar and scroll down a little ways to where I've listed some of the blogs that I enjoy reading. You're getting 24 suggestions, hm, actually recommendations is probably a better word, for blogs that I find to be worthwhile reads. I'll likely add to this list, but I think it's a good start for now.

Thanks again, Wendy and MrsDB! Appreciate you both thinking of me and presenting me with these lovely blog awards. :-)

1 comment:

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. :-) Don't be surprised if your comment doesn't show up right away. Because of the amount of spam being posted these days, I've switched things over to moderated. Legitimate comments will be appreciated, approved, and published in a timely fashion.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin