Friday, August 22, 2008

using lots of my faves

Between the celebrating and the playing around with my Big Shot and Cuttlebug, I haven't posted any cards lately! Here's one that I've been working on intermittently.


The card is made from Core'dinations cardstock that I hadn't realized until very recently is now available at Hobby Lobby! Thankfully I had a 40% off coupon and got a nice big package of it. I creatively Cuttled with the Cuttlebug Floral Screen A2 embossing folder, then sanded the embossing to reveal the lighter color. I embossed around the unembossed area of the card front with a rectangle Nestabilities die, then stamped the Verve image and sentiment on white cardstock that I'd cut and embossed using the crease pad and a single pass through the Big Shot. I used Memento ink for the stamping.


This is a close up view of the flowers. I'd made these using floral wire, clear liquid glue and three colors of Flower Soft. It wasn't until I thought about my materials "list" that I realized how many of my current favorite things I'd used in making this card. Fun! :-)

5 comments:

  1. Adorable card, Jay! Love the Flower Soft idea - just adds so much dimension.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ya' know, I didn't like this embossing folder, but you sure have made it look good :)! Very pretty card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your card, Jay! The flowers are just so cute with the stuff you used to make them. I will need to try to get some of that. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for the lovely comments! I really like what Flower Soft can add to a card.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. :-) Don't be surprised if your comment doesn't show up right away. Because of the amount of spam being posted these days, I've switched things over to moderated. Legitimate comments will be appreciated, approved, and published in a timely fashion.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin