Monday, June 30, 2008

granite resist

I finally got my hands on some Perfect Resist by Stampinback the other day. I'd been wanting to try this stuff since I first heard of it. I put some in a mister and gave it a go. It was fun! Here's what I have to show for my first attempts.


This first resist was spritzed on glossy and allowed to dry. I then added color DTP using my Memento dye ink dew drops. I love how it turned out! It was similar to a polished stone look, but more like granite than marble because of the speckling. I then stamped the butterfly image by About Art Accents using more Memento inks in various colors, and stamped over them again in black. The purple layer was embellished with the floral lace Martha Stewart/EK Success edge punch and embossed with the Perfectly Paisley Cuttlebug A2 embossing folder. The flowers are Primas. The sentiment is by Impression Obsession and stamped with Tuxedo black Memento ink.

These next two backgrounds were also made by spritzing Perfect Resist on glossy cardstock and allowing it to dry. This time I added color by spraying over that with two complementary colors of Glimmer Mist by Tattered Angels.


This ATC was stamped with an image from I Brake For Stamps.


The dragon in this card is also from I Brake For Stamps. The sentiment is by Inque Boutique. The edging was done using Martha Stewart/EK Success edge punches.

Can't wait to see what else this resist can do!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. :-) Don't be surprised if your comment doesn't show up right away. Because of the amount of spam being posted these days, I've switched things over to moderated. Legitimate comments will be appreciated, approved, and published in a timely fashion.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin