Thursday, April 10, 2008

Francis - a transparent card

When I made my diagonally Cuttled cards the other day, I liked the look of the patterned papers, but I would have liked the cards to have a bit more weight to them. I decided to try layering on a transparent card to add that weight and still preserve the fun look of the embossing on double-sided papers.


I used K & Company double-sided paper and did some diagonal Cuttling--I didn't want to just emboss the entire cardfront and cut an opening because the edges would have been bumpy from the embossing and I wanted a nice smooth look. I used the Textile Texture Cuttlebug A2 embossing folder, cut out my opening well inside of my embossing, then accented the embossing and the edges with chalk ink. I stamped Francis by Rosebud Stamps on my transparency and then colored her from behind with markers. I took a matching piece of patterned paper and folded it into a slightly smaller card and embossed the front using the Swiss Dots folder. This smaller card went inside the transparent card to provide a nice place to write and to give an interesting background for Francis. I also used pop dots outside each corner of the diamond opening to give a little more dimension. I finished by turning up that corner on the outer layer and adding the Robin's Nest Dew Drop, colored a star-shaped clip and a ribbon to match the card, and that was it! I had my sturdier card and kept the fun look of the patterned papers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. :-) Don't be surprised if your comment doesn't show up right away. Because of the amount of spam being posted these days, I've switched things over to moderated. Legitimate comments will be appreciated, approved, and published in a timely fashion.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin