Monday, April 07, 2008

diagonally Cuttled cards, part two

Diagonal Cuttling can look good on cardfronts with color and texture, too. I also played around a bit more. There are a number of ways to use diagonal designs.


I used the Script embossing folder on the above card and distressed the embossing with a sanding block. The score lines were made using my Scor-It. The stamped image and sentiment are by Hero Arts and stamped in white craft ink.

This next background was made using the Birds & Swirls embossing folder. The stamps are by Inkadinkado. Again, the score lines were made using my Scor-It.

I used the Distressed Stripes embossing folder for this card and distressed it with a sanding block. The hedgehog is a die made by Bosskut. The sentiment is by Hero Arts.


This last card was made using the Textile Texture Cuttlebug embossing folder. The stamped image is by Rosebud Stamps. The sentiment is by Inkadinkado.

I had a lot of fun with these cards. I particularly like the very different looks that you can get, and the fact that having some unembossed areas leaves room for images and sentiments to be stamped or otherwise added directly to the cardfront.

2 comments:

  1. These look great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! I've got the machine and some folders, but I never thought to go diagonal. Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. :-) Don't be surprised if your comment doesn't show up right away. Because of the amount of spam being posted these days, I've switched things over to moderated. Legitimate comments will be appreciated, approved, and published in a timely fashion.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin