Sunday, March 30, 2008

Knockin' robin

I awoke to the sound of tapping on glass this morning. My husband had left for work quite some time earlier. It really was too early for anyone to be coming to the door. I got up to see who had decided to be an early riser on this Sunday morning. My girls were still in bed, no surprise, and the dog was curled up on the landing of the stairs, his usual spot. From upstairs I could see through the sidelights of the front door. No one was out there. Puzzled, I was ready to head back to bed to read when I heard that sound again. *tap* *tap* *tap* This time I directed my gaze higher, toward the half round window that's above the front door. Hello!


It was a robin. I looked at it. It looked at me. Then it tapped its beak on the glass again. It's been a stormy morning, still is. You can see the raindrops on the glass. Maybe it just wanted in out of the wet. Maybe it was wanting to play with our dog, who likes to stalk and chase robins in the backyard, never catching them. Or maybe it just wanted someone else to be up and awake, too. Oh well, it was early on a Sunday, but it's nice to start it off with a song.

Knockin' robin
Tweet, tweet, tweet
Knockin' robin
Tweet, twiddly dee....

My apologies if I've just gotten a song stuck in your head, too. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. :-) Don't be surprised if your comment doesn't show up right away. Because of the amount of spam being posted these days, I've switched things over to moderated. Legitimate comments will be appreciated, approved, and published in a timely fashion.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin