Tuesday, February 12, 2008

No longer stressed over distressed

When the latest Cuttlebug A2 embossing folders were released, I ordered most of them. Just couldn't help myself. :-) One of the folders that I was a little iffy on was the Distressed Stripes. Well, I had fun using it on my "double Cuttle" cards yesterday. I used it again today, but in a slightly different way.


It's tough to see in that photo above, but I didn't just orient the folder differently. I ran it through twice, after stamping the sunflower image and coloring it, that is.


I think the close up shows the effect nicely, and it's a neat distressed look but doesn't overwhelm my sunflower, which is by Skipping Stones Design, by the way. I just ran the stamped cardstock through one way, then ran it through again after giving it a quarter turn inside the folder. Would probably look pretty neat with the stripes accented a bit, too. I didn't think of that until just now though. :-) Maybe next time. Oh, and the sentiment is by See D's.

1 comment:

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. :-) Don't be surprised if your comment doesn't show up right away. Because of the amount of spam being posted these days, I've switched things over to moderated. Legitimate comments will be appreciated, approved, and published in a timely fashion.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin