Sunday, February 17, 2008

Another use for partial Nesties

A couple of weeks ago I made a scalloped edge background layer by cutting cardstock only partway with a Nestabilities die. I was trying to think of other ways to use this "partial nesties" technique. Here's a card that I made using a similar partial cut, but in a slightly different way.


This time I used a scalloped rectangle die and only put one corner of it through the machine between the cutting plates. I scored and then folded the cardstock back to make a window of sorts. I liked the effect of using this with double-sided cardstock. The stamped images are by Danelle Johnson/Art Warehouse and the sentiment by Hero Arts. I used a Quickutz Curlz Goosebumpz folder to emboss the strip of cardstock across the front.

1 comment:

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. :-) Don't be surprised if your comment doesn't show up right away. Because of the amount of spam being posted these days, I've switched things over to moderated. Legitimate comments will be appreciated, approved, and published in a timely fashion.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin