Friday, September 07, 2007

Tearing Purple Holes for Christmas - DCM

Loved the theme for daring cardmakers this week! The challenge was to use the color purple for a Christmas card. The card also had to have a hole and some paper tearing. Since I like using non-traditional colors for Christmas, I jumped right in.


The stamp images are all by Rubber Soul. The snowman and sentiment were stamped using Imperial purple Versafine ink. The snowflakes were embossed with Winter Wonderland embossing powder, so they have some sparkle to them. I used a scalloped Marvy mega punch to make my window, and I hand tore the bottom edges of my top two layers. It was a simple design, but fun to work with.

15 comments:

  1. Hi Jay,your card looks realy good,love the snowman stamp,Dawnxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty card. Love that snowman.
    Purple, silver & white are traditional in this house (well its a flat) I adore them together.
    My sis on the other hand prefers purple & gold. Non conformists us from birth...lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fab! love the stamped image!

    Samm
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card, love the snowman stamp. :)
    Vanessa.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card, sweet snowman stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card, love the snowman stamp it's so unusual

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so sweet. I love that little snowman and the purple/silver combination.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That snowman is just fab!

    I think simple designs are exactly right for Christmas, when you need to make a lot - this looks the sort of design you can make little variations with too, so that you don't end up brain-dead-bored while making them

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card Jay - really like the snowman stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely card, the snowflakes stand out so well against the purple, and the snowman stamp is so cute and unusual!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card Jay, the snowman stamp is so cute.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. :-) Don't be surprised if your comment doesn't show up right away. Because of the amount of spam being posted these days, I've switched things over to moderated. Legitimate comments will be appreciated, approved, and published in a timely fashion.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin