Tuesday, March 20, 2007

A bunch of Bind It All booklets

Isn't alliteration fun? :-) I've taken some time to pull out my Bind It All over the last couple of days. It really is a lot of fun to play with. Here are some of the things that I've made.


This first one has CDs for covers. I did a polished stone type technique with alcohol inks for the background and stamped over that with Technique Tuesday butterflies and then embellished with the circle scallop, Spellbinders butterfly diecuts, and Prima flowers and leaves. Oh, and just for the record, I'd just wanted to see if the machine could really punch through the CDs when I put this together. I grabbed scraps of stuff off my table to decorate it. That's why the colors don't go together quite as nicely as they should.


This is a much smaller booklet made with chipboard covers that I covered with patterned paper. The sentiment is by Hero Arts. The flowers are Primas on top of a chipboard flower cut out. The pages inside are coin envelopes, for a change of pace.


This is a bigger booklet with cardstock pages. The covers are chipboard covered with brown velveteen paper that I'd run through my Big Shot inside the Cuttlebug A2 script embossing folder. You may need to click on it and look at the bigger version to see the embossing. It's very subtle in the photo, but striking in real life. The playing card is Marcella by Kay.


This last one is a booklet that I made using the largest of the Sizzix dogtags dies. I punched out half a dozen chipboard pages that I covered with cardstock and patterned paper. The die cuts on the cover were cut and embossing using Spellbinders dies. The cameo center and word art are Bazzill bling. The flowers are Primas and center Stickles. I thought that the hole in the dogtags gave a nice option for putting a closure on this booklet.

All of these were punched and bound using the Bind It All. Most of them have 5/8" size coils. The brown velveteen has a 3/4" coil. You can get a lot of different looks with this machine and a bit of creativity. :-)

3 comments:

  1. So I've managed to avoid the cuttlebug that's all the rage on GW right now. No die cutter, no xyron; doing just fine with my paper and ink and stamps and then you post these INCREDIBLE little books! I am not buying a bind it all- - I'm not, I'm not. But I will be back again and again to see what you're doing. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute! Cute! Cute! :D

    Judie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. :-) Don't be surprised if your comment doesn't show up right away. Because of the amount of spam being posted these days, I've switched things over to moderated. Legitimate comments will be appreciated, approved, and published in a timely fashion.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin