Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Better late than never....

Organizing is an ongoing process for me. Today I came across a couple of kits from Self-Addressed that I hadn't touched. One of them had a wonderful calendar stamp by Purple Onion Designs in it. I'd also seen an example of a desktop calendar using that stamp that I knew I wanted to try. I had a frame that would work. I just needed to find the time and inspiration.

Fast forward to this afternoon. My errands conveniently took me close to an Archiver's. I had to go in. I wanted to see the colors of Bazzill Bling in person. Okay, yeah, I didn't just look. I bought a few colors. The other thing that caught my eye was the DCWV Glitter stack. Uh oh. Good thing I had my coupon with me! I'm glad that I'm not a scrapper because the Once Upon a Time stack was pretty, too. I came home and was leafing through the stack when I realized that there were designs that would be oh so appropriate for seasons. AHA! I pulled out my paper trimmer and my POD stamps and I was ready! Here's how my calendar turned out.


All of the stamps are by Purple Onion Designs. The papers are almost all from the DCWV Glitter stack. The rest are mostly scraps of Bazzill. The frame originally had a matte silver finish (BORING!) that I spruced up with some Ranger alcohol inks. I may accent it with one more darker color. I'm still deciding. I think it may need just a bit more oomph. Overall though, I'm pleased with how it turned out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. :-) Don't be surprised if your comment doesn't show up right away. Because of the amount of spam being posted these days, I've switched things over to moderated. Legitimate comments will be appreciated, approved, and published in a timely fashion.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin