Friday, August 18, 2006

Stamp-a-rama!

Today I finished up the last of 8 ATCs for a stamp-a-rama. In a stamp-a-rama, each participant sends in images stamped in permanent black ink or embossed in black. Each person gets back one image from each of the other people in the swap. They then color, cut, embellish, basically do whatever they want to the images, but they have to make them into ATCs, which are sent back to the hostess. When all is said and done, each person gets back the images that they originally sent in, but they've been turned into works of art by the other swappers. It's a great way to get new ideas for old stamp images, or for those images that have you stumped!

Here are the ones that I worked on. The original images were: the seahorse, the single sunflower in the center of the ATC, the dog with its bone, the heron image, the silhouette of the woman at the mailbox, the water pump and bucket image, the RV, and the flying queen.

Stamp-a-rama ATCs

I had fun with these. Some of them are images that I don't normally work with and wouldn't usually buy. These stamp-a-ramas are a fun way to stretch a bit. I used a little bit of everything here--punchinella, die cuts, puffy paint, mulberry, ribbon, embossing punch, metallic rub-ons, crimper, transparency, and other embellishments like the Primas, the bottle cap and the photo turn and metal corner. I used colored pencils, markers, chalks, water color pencils, stamps and stamping ink. I even managed to do some doodling. Can't wait to see what I get back.

4 comments:

  1. Great ATCs!! I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a wonderful job with these. I am so impressed with what you were able to do. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. :-) Don't be surprised if your comment doesn't show up right away. Because of the amount of spam being posted these days, I've switched things over to moderated. Legitimate comments will be appreciated, approved, and published in a timely fashion.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin